The most common method of dealing with household waste and wastewater, in rural or unsewered areas, is the septic system. But most people know very little about how their septic system functions.
The function of the septic tank is to receive sewage and retain it for a period of time, where the following takes place:
- During the retention period the floatable material undergoes microbial decomposition and forms the floating layer called “scum”.
- The sewage that falls to the bottom only decomposes slightly due to the anaerobic environment and becomes a black layer called “’sludge”.
- Between the scum and sludge layer is a liquid commonly called clarified sewage. It is this clarified sewage and only the clarified sewage that should trickle to the leach field when displaced by incoming sewage.
- The number one reason for septic system failure is the clogging of the leach field with solids. Scum and sludge plug the leach field in two ways. The solids directly plug the pores or they stimulate the growth of microorganisms, which in turn can plug the pores and decrease filtration. Once this happens the liquid stops being absorbed effectively into the soil and begins to surface above ground.
- My Green Labs products are not only the solution to this number one septic tank problem, but will destroy the mechanism for odour production.
These products produced by My Green Labs promote the production of folic acid as well as other valuable vitamins, enzymes and coenzymes within the septic tank, accomplishing more benefits at less cost than adding pure folic acid or essential nutrients. In turn dramatically stimulating the growth and reproduction of the activated sludge bacteria, which digest the fat and solids. Once our products have been added to the system, bacteria within the system will begin to grow, reproduce and significantly become more active. Some will begin to digest lipids (fats, grease, oils) others will start breaking down nitrogen compounds, plant fibers, lignin, and carbohydrates. Eventually the activated biomass will remove the film that has prevented the water from being absorbed into the surrounding soil.
My Green Labs has established new standards in waste and wastewater treatment. Our products are a complex formulation of minerals, vitamins and amino acids that we simply call a micronutrient.
We do not add bacteria, enzymes or chemicals to the system but feed the existing bacteria with what can be referred to as a “super food”.
- Composting Toilets
- Grey Water Drains & Grease Traps
- Home Sewage Treatment Plants
- Pit Toilets
- Portable Toilets
- Septic Systems
- Reduces solids and sludge volume
- Cleans lines and pipes
- Maintain clog free drain field
- Eliminates and controls odours
- Will not contaminate ground water
- 100% natural
- Environmentally responsible
- Certified – Environment Canada – EcoLogo Program
Completely Environmentally Friendly
- 100% Natural Ingredients
- No Chemicals, Perfumes, Formaldehyde or Bacteria
- No Ground Water Contamination